Encephalitis toll climbs to 589
Gorakhpur: Another child succumbed to encephalitis here, taking the death toll in the viral disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 589 this year.
The child hailing from Gorakhpur died yesterday.
Two more children suffering from the disease have been admitted to the BRD Medical College Hospital, officials said today.
As many as 3496 patients of Japanese Encephalitis and Acute Encephalitis Syndrome were admitted to different government hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti divisions this year, of which 589 died.
This year, patients from Bihar and adjoining Nepal were also admitted to BRD MCH, they said adding, that 52 patients from Bihar and three from Nepal succumbed to the disease in the hospital this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- RSS trained inmates of Jawahar Bagh: Ram Vriksh Yadav's 'security officer' to police
- India vs New Zealand: Indore gears up to host its first ever Test in upcoming series
- Major success! Army busts new terror outfit 'Helem Tiger Force' in Assam's Kokrajhar
- ICC likely to make 12-team main draw in 2018 World T20