Encephalitis toll climbs to 589
Gorakhpur: Another child succumbed to encephalitis here, taking the death toll in the viral disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 589 this year.
The child hailing from Gorakhpur died yesterday.
Two more children suffering from the disease have been admitted to the BRD Medical College Hospital, officials said today.
As many as 3496 patients of Japanese Encephalitis and Acute Encephalitis Syndrome were admitted to different government hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti divisions this year, of which 589 died.
This year, patients from Bihar and adjoining Nepal were also admitted to BRD MCH, they said adding, that 52 patients from Bihar and three from Nepal succumbed to the disease in the hospital this year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended