Homeopathy pills free of cost to prevent dengue
Madurai: Homoeopathy pills to prevent dengue fever are being given free of cost at awarenes camps run by Government Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital at Tirumangalam area here for the past two days, doctors said.
Dr A Gopalakrishnan, College Principal in-charge, head of a team of doctors, said the medicine was being distributed at awareness camps organised at various places, including Goripalayam dargah where 4,502 persons were given the pills. The team was ready to conduct more camps if there are requests he said.
As several parts of south Tamil Nadu have been hit by dengue fever, Government Homeopathic College at Tirumangalam offered to distribute `Eupatorium Perfoliatum` which could prevent dengue, doctors said, adding it had to be taken for three consecutive days.
The first awareness camp was conducted in the Government Rajaji Hospital here on June14 when 1,100 students received the medicine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’