Homeopathy pills free of cost to prevent dengue
Madurai: Homoeopathy pills to prevent dengue fever are being given free of cost at awarenes camps run by Government Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital at Tirumangalam area here for the past two days, doctors said.
Dr A Gopalakrishnan, College Principal in-charge, head of a team of doctors, said the medicine was being distributed at awareness camps organised at various places, including Goripalayam dargah where 4,502 persons were given the pills. The team was ready to conduct more camps if there are requests he said.
As several parts of south Tamil Nadu have been hit by dengue fever, Government Homeopathic College at Tirumangalam offered to distribute `Eupatorium Perfoliatum` which could prevent dengue, doctors said, adding it had to be taken for three consecutive days.
The first awareness camp was conducted in the Government Rajaji Hospital here on June14 when 1,100 students received the medicine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites