Researchers from the Western University of Health Sciences in California found that carvedilol drug can protect against the sun-induced cell damage that leads to skin cancer.
Lack of coordination between blood banks and hospitals has resulted in wastage of blood, including red blood cells and plasma as the life-saving components could not be used before their expiry date, says the report.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) considers mercury as one of the top 10 chemicals or groups of chemicals of major public health concern.
Heavy alcohol intake causes a perception of warmth, while fewer sunlight hours have been linked to depression, which, in turn, may lead to alcohol abuse.
The researchers from Cleveland Clinic and New York University School of Medicine found that obesity resulted in as much as 47 percent more life-years lost than tobacco, and tobacco caused similar life-years lost as high blood pressure.
The findings may help explain the beneficial effects on memory seen in people who consume dark chocolate, researchers said.
These findings presented at The International Liver Congress 2017 in Amsterdam also showed that fructose consumption per se might not be as harmful as previously assumed.
- DNA: This is how tribal people of MP can help tackle stone pelters in Kashmir
- Al-Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahiri hiding in Pakistan with ISI's help
- MCD elections: Report on voting conditions in different areas around Delhi
- Project Ghatak: All you need to know about India's stealth combat drones
- Cheating in examination center in Madhya Pradesh - Watch
- IPL 2017, KKR vs RCB: Fuming Virat Kohli gives an earful to match official after getting out for golden duck — WATCH
- LG G6 India launch today: Here's everything you need to know
- Alien hunters spot possible tree stump on Mars, say it points towards existence of vegetation on Red Planet!
- Mehbooba Mufti meets PM Narendra Modi, says no talks until stone-pelting, retaliation by security forces ends in J&K
- MS Dhoni unleashes trademark 'helicopter shot', hits Bhuvneshwar Kumar for a six – Watch Video