Smoking, drinking during pregnancy could make your baby gay: Study
Zee Media Bureau
According to a neuroscientist ,smoking and drinking during pregnancy could make your baby gay and stupid!
Well, we all know that a pregnant woman’s lifestyle can influence her child’s intelligence, but this controversial study claims that it also affects their sexuality.
This claim has been made by Dr Dick Swaab -a professor of neurobiology at Amsterdam University who says that taking drugs,drinking or living in polluted regions have an impact on the development of foetuses and could affect children later in life.
He further says that taking synthetic hormones and smoking while pregnant can increase the chances of girls becoming lesbian or bisexual, while drinking and drug-taking could lower a child’s IQ.
The study reports: The more older brothers a boy has, the more it is thought to increase his chance of being gay because the mother’s immune system develops stronger responses to male hormones with each son that is born.
Speaking to a news daily he says that ‘Pre-birth exposure to both nicotine and amphetamines increases the chance of lesbian daughters.
‘Pregnant women suffering from stress are also more likely to have homosexual children of both genders because their raised level of the stress hormone cortisol affects the production of foetal sex hormones.’
He added: ‘In women who drink a lot, cells that were meant to migrate across the foetal brain can end up leaving the brain altogether.’
However, Dr Swaab agreed that genetics play the most important role in child development while lifestyle factors were a small influence but still an important one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'