Smoking, drinking during pregnancy could make your baby gay: Study
Zee Media Bureau
According to a neuroscientist ,smoking and drinking during pregnancy could make your baby gay and stupid!
Well, we all know that a pregnant woman’s lifestyle can influence her child’s intelligence, but this controversial study claims that it also affects their sexuality.
This claim has been made by Dr Dick Swaab -a professor of neurobiology at Amsterdam University who says that taking drugs,drinking or living in polluted regions have an impact on the development of foetuses and could affect children later in life.
He further says that taking synthetic hormones and smoking while pregnant can increase the chances of girls becoming lesbian or bisexual, while drinking and drug-taking could lower a child’s IQ.
The study reports: The more older brothers a boy has, the more it is thought to increase his chance of being gay because the mother’s immune system develops stronger responses to male hormones with each son that is born.
Speaking to a news daily he says that ‘Pre-birth exposure to both nicotine and amphetamines increases the chance of lesbian daughters.
‘Pregnant women suffering from stress are also more likely to have homosexual children of both genders because their raised level of the stress hormone cortisol affects the production of foetal sex hormones.’
He added: ‘In women who drink a lot, cells that were meant to migrate across the foetal brain can end up leaving the brain altogether.’
However, Dr Swaab agreed that genetics play the most important role in child development while lifestyle factors were a small influence but still an important one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!