Woman in Madhya Pradesh delivers 10 babies - all stillborn
Bhopal: In an extremely rare case, a 28-year-old woman in Madhya Pradesh delivered 10 babies - but all stillborn, a doctor said Monday.
Anju Kushwaha from Koti village in Satna district was being taken to the Sanjay Gandhi Memorial hospital, 125 km away in neighbouring Rewa district, after she went into labour but she delivered nine stillborn babies on the way.
A doctor attending to the woman said the medical team was awestruck when Anju's husband Sanjay presented before them the nine stillborn babies.
When the medical team examined her, they found one more foetus was in the woman's womb. It was delivered early Monday but again turned out to be stillborn, said the hospital's assistant superintendent S.K. Pathak.
The doctors said it was a case of miscarriage followed by "hyper stimulation syndrome", where fertility drugs stimulate the ovaries to produce many egg sacs.
The woman was keeping well, doctors said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply