28 best age to start dieting
New Delhi: Want to shed those extra pounds? Then start dieting when you`re 28, suggests a new study.
According to a new research, the most successful dieters are those who start slimming at the age of 28.
Women in their late twenties shed flab faster because they have more time and willpower than those of other ages, says the study of 3,000 women aged over 30.
Twenty-somethings are also more concerned about their weight and so remain focused on their weight loss goals.
On the other hand, those in their thirties are often too busy to watch their weight while many in their forties and fifties have simply `lost interest` in getting the perfect body.
"With women getting married later than ever, many 28-year-old females will be single, on the dating scene and leading an active social life, which may explain why they are so successful at healthy eating and maintaining a good figure," the Daily Mail quoted Sue Beck, of Lambrini Light, which carried out the research, as saying.
"Many will also be at the peak of their career, leading fast-paced lives which will help shift any excess weight alongside a diet," Beck added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'