Want to lose weight? Indulge in cake bars
London: A new range of cake bars has been created which, it is claimed, are not only tasty but will also burn calories.
The bars, inspired by the type of delicacies found in Italian patisseries, have been made by Klever Kalories, a start-up business founded by a former accountant.
The company said that a blend of natural ingredients already used in some energy bars and shakes is used to make its Skinny Slice products.
The ingredients include L-carnitine, guarana and green tea, which are said to boost the metabolic rate by slightly raising the body temperature.
According to trade magazine ‘The Grocer’ the slices each contain between 110 and 150 calories, including coconut, vanilla cream, honey and apricot and tiramisu varieties.
Other flavours include chocolate sandwich, crème brulee and vanilla sandwich. The slices each are priced at 1.39 pounds.
Klever Kalories founder Saba Yussouf said that the cakes are made by Italian bakers and would fill a need for ‘high-quality foods that promote a trim and healthy physique.’
“As a young, working woman with a sweet tooth, I understand the desire and effort required to stay trim but found that the low-calorie treats on the market could not satisfy my craving for an indulgent food,” the Daily Mail quoted her as telling the magazine.
But she said that it was not possible to measure how much eating the treats would help boost the metabolism, as ‘everyone is different
Klever Kalories now plans to extend the range, which is being, supported with press and sampling activity, into cupcakes, chocolate and savoury snacks such as crisps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!