Zee Media Bureau/Udita Madan
New Delhi: Acne is a problem that affects various parts of your body. Although the face is always a target, especially in the growing up years, acne is a skin condition that may continue up to several years.
Another part of the body, where acne is a common occurrence, is the back. If at any point of time, your back feels itchy, do look up a good dermatologist, because chances are that you might have a case of back acne.
Back or truncal acne is a condition that, like normal acne, occurs due to excessive sebum oil production, which then clogs up the skin's pores.
Causes of back acne:
1. Pityriasis Capitis (dandruff) is characterized by excessive flaking and abnormal shedding of the skin.
2. Seborrheic dermatitis- is an inflammatory condition characterised by scaling and erythema.
3. PCOD- polycystic ovarian diseases also causes Truncal acne.
4. Acne post laser treatment- it can cause folliculitis due to the heat generated by the laser therapy.
5. Shaving and waxing can also lead to folliculitis.
6. Any kind of occlusion, friction or heat can also cause acne.
7. Also seen in patients who have acne prone skin.
Back acne can be treated with laser and medicines, but why spend so much, when you have everything you need at home? Home remedies are the best option to get rid of those ugly acne scars on your back. Scroll down to know how!
You can either dilute the lemon juice with water or use it as it is. Lemon has cleansing abilities, therefore it will cleanse the pores deeply, thereby also getting rid of dead skin cells. Lemon also contributes to new skin cell growth. Simply dip a cotton swab in lemon juice and gently apply over the affected area.
Fenugreek or methi seeds can combat your acne issues! Crush some fenugreek and make a paste combining water. Apply it on the affected area and let it stay for at least 30 minutes. Another effective way is to put the fenugreek seeds in water and bring it to boil. Let it simmer for a while. Once cooled, use that water as a cleanser.
The health benefits of garlic are not unknown. But were you aware that it can treat back acne as well? Apply it as a paste on your back or consume it in food, either way, it is an effective method to eliminate back acne. To destroy bacteria, you can even rub raw garlic on the affected area.
Massage your back with yogurt before a bath to get rid of acne. The same can be done with facial acne as well. The lactic acid in yogurt helps in removing dead skin cells, dirt and excess oil.
So go au natural and get ready to wear that backless dress or blouse that you've always wanted to wear!