Centre sanctions Rs 217 cr to HP for water supply schemes
Shimla: The Union government has sanctioned Rs 217.26 crore for augmentation of water supply/sewerage schemes for eight cities/towns of Himachal Pradesh.
The decision was taken in the state level Steering Committee meeting presided over by Himachal Urban Development minister Sudhir Sharma, senior officers of ministry of Urban Development said.
Sharma said that Rs 19.14 crore had been sanctioned for augmentation of water supply scheme for Rampur, Rs 11.01 crore for Nagrota, Rs 17.44 crore for Kangra, Rs 82.18 crore for Mandi, Rs 22.74 crore for Kullu and Rs 15.04 crore for Manali.
Besides, Rs 33.34 crore had been sanctioned for sewerage scheme for Baddi and Rs 16.37 crore for Nalagarh, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city