Cold conditions persist in high altitude areas of Himachal
Shimla: Cold wave conditions persisted in tribal and high altitude areas of Himachal Pradesh with Keylong recording minimum temperature at minus 10.1 degree Celsius, five degrees below normal while day temperatures rose further in mid and lower hills.
Kalpa in tribal Kinnaur district recorded minimum temperature at minus 0.8 degrees C while key tourist resort of Manali and Saluni shivered at 3.5 deg, followed by Bhuntar 4.4 degree, Sunderngar 5.5 deg, Una 7.4 deg, Solan 8.2 deg and Palampur 8.4 deg.
The state capital Shimla had minimum temperature at 12.0 deg, 7.5 deg below normal while Dharamsala in the lap of Dhauladhar mountain ranges recorded a low of 10.6 deg.
Sundernagar was hottest in the region with maximum temperature at 27.4 deg while Bhunter and Una recorded a high of 26.8 deg and 26.6 deg, followed by Nahan 23.0 deg, Dharamsala 21.4 deg, Shimla 20.9 deg and Kalpa 5.6 deg, an increase of two to three degrees since yesterday.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in the region during next five days with marginal rise in mercury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past