Cold conditions persist in high altitude areas of Himachal
Shimla: Cold wave conditions persisted in tribal and high altitude areas of Himachal Pradesh with Keylong recording minimum temperature at minus 10.1 degree Celsius, five degrees below normal while day temperatures rose further in mid and lower hills.
Kalpa in tribal Kinnaur district recorded minimum temperature at minus 0.8 degrees C while key tourist resort of Manali and Saluni shivered at 3.5 deg, followed by Bhuntar 4.4 degree, Sunderngar 5.5 deg, Una 7.4 deg, Solan 8.2 deg and Palampur 8.4 deg.
The state capital Shimla had minimum temperature at 12.0 deg, 7.5 deg below normal while Dharamsala in the lap of Dhauladhar mountain ranges recorded a low of 10.6 deg.
Sundernagar was hottest in the region with maximum temperature at 27.4 deg while Bhunter and Una recorded a high of 26.8 deg and 26.6 deg, followed by Nahan 23.0 deg, Dharamsala 21.4 deg, Shimla 20.9 deg and Kalpa 5.6 deg, an increase of two to three degrees since yesterday.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in the region during next five days with marginal rise in mercury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise