Disease kills 10 in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: The death toll in a hospital here from a disease caused by infected mites has risen to 10, a doctor said on Saturday.
Two more people have died due to scrub typhus at the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, the doctor told a news agency. One patient belonged to Bilaspur district and the other to Solan.
Scrub typhus is a disease caused by the bite of an infected mite. Its symptoms are fever, headache, muscle pain, cough and gastroenteritis.
A total of 155 people have tested positive for the disease, the doctor said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men