Disease kills 10 in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: The death toll in a hospital here from a disease caused by infected mites has risen to 10, a doctor said on Saturday.
Two more people have died due to scrub typhus at the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, the doctor told a news agency. One patient belonged to Bilaspur district and the other to Solan.
Scrub typhus is a disease caused by the bite of an infected mite. Its symptoms are fever, headache, muscle pain, cough and gastroenteritis.
A total of 155 people have tested positive for the disease, the doctor said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan