Disease kills 10 in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: The death toll in a hospital here from a disease caused by infected mites has risen to 10, a doctor said on Saturday.
Two more people have died due to scrub typhus at the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, the doctor told a news agency. One patient belonged to Bilaspur district and the other to Solan.
Scrub typhus is a disease caused by the bite of an infected mite. Its symptoms are fever, headache, muscle pain, cough and gastroenteritis.
A total of 155 people have tested positive for the disease, the doctor said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi's Iran visit: India commits huge investment in Chabahar
- Potassium bromate, potassium iodate in bread: This is how they can affect your health!
- Congress, BJP have husband-wife like relationship: Arvind Kejriwal
- Oops! Bella Hadid's revealing outfits stun glamour world – Watch
- This is the only temple where Lord Hanuman is worshipped in female form