Himachal did not get enough in rail budget: Virbhadra
Shimla: The rail budget for 2013-14 was disappointing and did not give sufficient funds to Himachal Pradesh to implement projects, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said on Tuesday.
Expressing his unhappiness with the budget, presented by his Congress party colleague, Railway Minister P.K. Bansal, Virbhadra Singh said in the assembly: "I am not happy with the rail budget. We all have made efforts but we are not able to get sufficient funding. We got only Rs.14.01 crore for three rail line projects."
He said his government was trying to get more funds for the ongoing projects.
"I wrote letters to the prime minister and the railway minister. Whether we are successful in getting additional funding or not, time will tell," the chief minister said.
For execution of the Nangal-Talwara broadgauge rail line, for which the railway ministry is bearing the entire expenditure, a provision of Rs.10 crore has been made in the budget.
"So far only 44 km track of this line has been laid and the remaining 39 km is under construction," Virbhadra Singh said.
To link Chandigarh with the state`s industrial hub Baddi, Rs.100,000 has been earmarked, he added.
"For execution of the Bhanupalli-Bilaspur-Beri, there is provision of Rs.4 crore in this budget," he said, adding that the state had already got survey of the rail line from RITES Ltd., a government of India enterprise under the Indian Railways, by spending Rs.25 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks