Himachal govt bans Gutka, pan masala products
Shimla: Taking a giant step in its war against tobacco products in the state, the Himachal Pradesh government on Friday announced a ban on the manufacture and sale of gutka and paan masala containing tobacco.
"Himachal Government has made storage, manufacture, sale or distribution of gutka, pan masala, masheri, khaini, and such food products illegal and the persons doing so will be proceeded against as per provisions of the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006," an official spokesperson said here.
"Such food business operators would neither be registered nor issued a license for the same," the spokesman added.
Himachal, which had already banned the smoking at the public places, has become the fourth state after Madhya Pradesh, Kerala and Bihar to ban these products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16