Himachal govt bans Gutka, pan masala products
Shimla: Taking a giant step in its war against tobacco products in the state, the Himachal Pradesh government on Friday announced a ban on the manufacture and sale of gutka and paan masala containing tobacco.
"Himachal Government has made storage, manufacture, sale or distribution of gutka, pan masala, masheri, khaini, and such food products illegal and the persons doing so will be proceeded against as per provisions of the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006," an official spokesperson said here.
"Such food business operators would neither be registered nor issued a license for the same," the spokesman added.
Himachal, which had already banned the smoking at the public places, has become the fourth state after Madhya Pradesh, Kerala and Bihar to ban these products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter