Himachal govt bans Gutka, pan masala products
Shimla: Taking a giant step in its war against tobacco products in the state, the Himachal Pradesh government on Friday announced a ban on the manufacture and sale of gutka and paan masala containing tobacco.
"Himachal Government has made storage, manufacture, sale or distribution of gutka, pan masala, masheri, khaini, and such food products illegal and the persons doing so will be proceeded against as per provisions of the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006," an official spokesperson said here.
"Such food business operators would neither be registered nor issued a license for the same," the spokesman added.
Himachal, which had already banned the smoking at the public places, has become the fourth state after Madhya Pradesh, Kerala and Bihar to ban these products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official