Himachal govt bans Gutka, pan masala products
Shimla: Taking a giant step in its war against tobacco products in the state, the Himachal Pradesh government on Friday announced a ban on the manufacture and sale of gutka and paan masala containing tobacco.
"Himachal Government has made storage, manufacture, sale or distribution of gutka, pan masala, masheri, khaini, and such food products illegal and the persons doing so will be proceeded against as per provisions of the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006," an official spokesperson said here.
"Such food business operators would neither be registered nor issued a license for the same," the spokesman added.
Himachal, which had already banned the smoking at the public places, has become the fourth state after Madhya Pradesh, Kerala and Bihar to ban these products.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India