Himachal to launch food security program from August 20
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh is all set to launch the food security program from August 20 coinciding with the birthday of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
"The location from where CM Virbhadra Singh will start the programme is yet to be decided," said G S Bali, Food Minister of Himachal in Dharamsala on Thursday.
Around 32 lakh persons of the state will be benefited by the central government scheme, Bali said adding, beneficiaries will get wheat at Re 1 per kg and rice at Rs 3 per kg.
"According to central guidelines a maximum of 75 per cent rural and 50 per cent urban residents can come under this programme," the minister said, stressing that the state government`s programme to provide subsidiary food of three cereals, oil and salt for others will continue.
"As soon as sugar is received from Centre for distribution through the PDS network, it will be distributed across the state along with pending quota," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31