Himachal to launch food security program from August 20
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh is all set to launch the food security program from August 20 coinciding with the birthday of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
"The location from where CM Virbhadra Singh will start the programme is yet to be decided," said G S Bali, Food Minister of Himachal in Dharamsala on Thursday.
Around 32 lakh persons of the state will be benefited by the central government scheme, Bali said adding, beneficiaries will get wheat at Re 1 per kg and rice at Rs 3 per kg.
"According to central guidelines a maximum of 75 per cent rural and 50 per cent urban residents can come under this programme," the minister said, stressing that the state government`s programme to provide subsidiary food of three cereals, oil and salt for others will continue.
"As soon as sugar is received from Centre for distribution through the PDS network, it will be distributed across the state along with pending quota," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users