HP CM flays China for violation of Indian airspace
Shimla: Himachal CM PK Dhumal
on Thursday accused the UPA government for not taking a serious
notice of Chinese interference along the Tibet border and
cautioned that ignoring these "warning signals" could land the
country into serious trouble.
"China is sometime violating the airspace, objecting to
road constructions in Leh, building ultramodern airfields in
Tibet and extending the railway line upto Tibet border" but
the Indian government was conveniently ignoring these
warnings, the BJP chief minister said.
He was replying to a calling attention motion in the
state Assembly on "violation of Indian airspace by two Chinese
helicopters along Himachal border".
"We could not perceive the Chinese threat in 1962 as we
were enamoured by `Hindi- Chini, Bhai Bhai` and now again,
China is strengthening its borders and we must take it
seriously," he said.
Attacking China for violation of Indian airspace over
Himachal border, Dhumal said that the government has allocated
a piece of land to the Indian Air Force (IAF) for installation
of a radar to monitor the air space.
"The IAF approached the government and a land has been
provided to it," he said.
The calling attention was moved by BJP member Ram Lal
Markandey, who cited news reports regarding intrusion of two
Chinese helicopters into Indian Airspace.
The helicopters were spotted by the Indo-Tibetan Border
Police (ITBP) on March 16 over Kaurik, close to the
international border, about 330 km from state capital Shimla
in tribal Spiti Valley.
China has been complaining and objecting to anything
being done by India on the border and even opposed visit of
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to Arunachal Pradesh and
movement of exiled Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama
even within India, Dhumal said.
"There have been reports about China strengthening the
infrastructure being created by China on its side of the
border and even China has installed missiles that could target
any Indian city in Tibet .
"I have apprised the government of India in this regard a
number of times and requested them to strengthen the
infrastructure along the Indian border and take necessary
measures to safeguard the state," Dhumal said.
He said even Chinese aircraft, after intruding into
Indian airspace from Himachal from one side, cross Indian
border within 15-20 minutes and land in Pakistan and described
it as a serious issue and needs attention of Union government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read