Kullu MLA Karan Singh might get state Cabinet berth
Dharamsala: MLA from Kullu district Karan Singh might get inducted into the state ministry after the budget session of the Assembly.
This was indicated by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh here.
"The post shall be filled by an MLA from Kullu district and the oath shall be administered just after the budget session of assembly," Singh told reporters.
Congress has two MLAs from Kullu, the other one being Khoob Ram.
Singh said few Certified Professional Secretaries (CPS) and Personal Secretaries (PS) would also be administered in the government soon.
Refuting the charges of BJP that the Congress was using BJP`s budget till March 31 this year to accommodate foundation ceremonies and inaugurations, he said the state`s money did not belong to any party.
"My government has passed Rs 21 crore for today`s foundation for drinking water supply scheme here," he said.
Replying to another question, Singh said if the by-elections for Mandi Lok Sabha seat are announced, Congress has many names to consider for it.
Singh recently resigned from Mandi seat after becoming chief minister of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY