Kullu MLA Karan Singh might get state Cabinet berth
Dharamsala: MLA from Kullu district Karan Singh might get inducted into the state ministry after the budget session of the Assembly.
This was indicated by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh here.
"The post shall be filled by an MLA from Kullu district and the oath shall be administered just after the budget session of assembly," Singh told reporters.
Congress has two MLAs from Kullu, the other one being Khoob Ram.
Singh said few Certified Professional Secretaries (CPS) and Personal Secretaries (PS) would also be administered in the government soon.
Refuting the charges of BJP that the Congress was using BJP`s budget till March 31 this year to accommodate foundation ceremonies and inaugurations, he said the state`s money did not belong to any party.
"My government has passed Rs 21 crore for today`s foundation for drinking water supply scheme here," he said.
Replying to another question, Singh said if the by-elections for Mandi Lok Sabha seat are announced, Congress has many names to consider for it.
Singh recently resigned from Mandi seat after becoming chief minister of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?