Kullu MLA Karan Singh might get state Cabinet berth
Dharamsala: MLA from Kullu district Karan Singh might get inducted into the state ministry after the budget session of the Assembly.
This was indicated by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh here.
"The post shall be filled by an MLA from Kullu district and the oath shall be administered just after the budget session of assembly," Singh told reporters.
Congress has two MLAs from Kullu, the other one being Khoob Ram.
Singh said few Certified Professional Secretaries (CPS) and Personal Secretaries (PS) would also be administered in the government soon.
Refuting the charges of BJP that the Congress was using BJP`s budget till March 31 this year to accommodate foundation ceremonies and inaugurations, he said the state`s money did not belong to any party.
"My government has passed Rs 21 crore for today`s foundation for drinking water supply scheme here," he said.
Replying to another question, Singh said if the by-elections for Mandi Lok Sabha seat are announced, Congress has many names to consider for it.
Singh recently resigned from Mandi seat after becoming chief minister of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said