More snow, rain in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: The cold continued to retain its grip on Himachal Pradesh as higher reaches in the state received another spell of snow on Friday, while low and mid hills witnessed widespread rainfall, an official said.
The weather office here has forecast dry weather Saturday onwards.
Shimla, which was cloudy, recorded a minimum temperature of 6.8 degrees Celsius on Friday, a fall by 4.9 degrees from Thursday. It saw 7.5 mm of rain.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest place in the state with a low of 1.1 degrees Celsius below the freezing point. The town recorded one cm of snowfall.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district, which recorded four cm of snow, slipped close to the freezing point, recording a low of 0.4 degree Celsius, while it was three degrees Celsius in Manali and 10.4 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
Manali recorded a good 3.8 mm of rain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news