More snow, rain in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: The cold continued to retain its grip on Himachal Pradesh as higher reaches in the state received another spell of snow on Friday, while low and mid hills witnessed widespread rainfall, an official said.
The weather office here has forecast dry weather Saturday onwards.
Shimla, which was cloudy, recorded a minimum temperature of 6.8 degrees Celsius on Friday, a fall by 4.9 degrees from Thursday. It saw 7.5 mm of rain.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest place in the state with a low of 1.1 degrees Celsius below the freezing point. The town recorded one cm of snowfall.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district, which recorded four cm of snow, slipped close to the freezing point, recording a low of 0.4 degree Celsius, while it was three degrees Celsius in Manali and 10.4 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
Manali recorded a good 3.8 mm of rain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says