More snow, rain in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: The cold continued to retain its grip on Himachal Pradesh as higher reaches in the state received another spell of snow on Friday, while low and mid hills witnessed widespread rainfall, an official said.
The weather office here has forecast dry weather Saturday onwards.
Shimla, which was cloudy, recorded a minimum temperature of 6.8 degrees Celsius on Friday, a fall by 4.9 degrees from Thursday. It saw 7.5 mm of rain.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest place in the state with a low of 1.1 degrees Celsius below the freezing point. The town recorded one cm of snowfall.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district, which recorded four cm of snow, slipped close to the freezing point, recording a low of 0.4 degree Celsius, while it was three degrees Celsius in Manali and 10.4 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
Manali recorded a good 3.8 mm of rain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University