More snow, rain in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: The cold continued to retain its grip on Himachal Pradesh as higher reaches in the state received another spell of snow on Friday, while low and mid hills witnessed widespread rainfall, an official said.
The weather office here has forecast dry weather Saturday onwards.
Shimla, which was cloudy, recorded a minimum temperature of 6.8 degrees Celsius on Friday, a fall by 4.9 degrees from Thursday. It saw 7.5 mm of rain.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest place in the state with a low of 1.1 degrees Celsius below the freezing point. The town recorded one cm of snowfall.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district, which recorded four cm of snow, slipped close to the freezing point, recording a low of 0.4 degree Celsius, while it was three degrees Celsius in Manali and 10.4 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
Manali recorded a good 3.8 mm of rain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Suspended Bihar BJP MLC Tunna Pandey sent to 12-day custody for molesting minor girl on train
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?
- Solar Impulse 2 begins its final flight of world tour, heads to Abu dhabi