President Pranab cancels visit to Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: President Pranab Mukherjee has cancelled his visit to Himachal Pradesh next week owing to the natural disaster in the state, an official said here on Friday.
Mukherjee`s four-day visit to Shimla from June 28 has been cancelled. A communication in this regard from Rashtrapati Bhawan reached the state secretariat Thursday, an official told a news agency.
During the visit, Mukherjee was to stay at The Retreat, the summer holiday resort of the President, on the outskirts of Shimla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state