President Pranab cancels visit to Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: President Pranab Mukherjee has cancelled his visit to Himachal Pradesh next week owing to the natural disaster in the state, an official said here on Friday.
Mukherjee`s four-day visit to Shimla from June 28 has been cancelled. A communication in this regard from Rashtrapati Bhawan reached the state secretariat Thursday, an official told a news agency.
During the visit, Mukherjee was to stay at The Retreat, the summer holiday resort of the President, on the outskirts of Shimla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai