President Pranab cancels visit to Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: President Pranab Mukherjee has cancelled his visit to Himachal Pradesh next week owing to the natural disaster in the state, an official said here on Friday.
Mukherjee`s four-day visit to Shimla from June 28 has been cancelled. A communication in this regard from Rashtrapati Bhawan reached the state secretariat Thursday, an official told a news agency.
During the visit, Mukherjee was to stay at The Retreat, the summer holiday resort of the President, on the outskirts of Shimla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug