World Bank sanctions Rs 550-cr loan to Himachal
Shimla: World Bank has sanctioned Rs 550 crore Development Policy Loan to Himachal government out of this fund Rs 495.37 crore (90 per cent) has been released to the state government, Chief Minister Virbharda Singh said on Tuesday.
The loan has been sanctioned to promote Inclusive Green Growth and Sustainable Development in the State and it would be utilised for achieving these objectives in Power, Tourism, Industries and Environment sectors, he added.
The Chief Minister said the state government has decided to enhance and operationalise the capacities in environment and energy departments for effective coordination, monitoring and evaluation.
The government has also decided to undertake Cumulative Environmental Impact Assessment (CEIA) studies for Satluj, Beas, Yamuna and Chenab river basis in the State and an integrated catchment area treatment plan for Satluj river basin was being implemented and integrated CAT plans for Chenab river basis were being prepared, he said.
Virbhadra Singh said that by strengthening Power, Tourism, Industries and Environment sectors, more and more employment and self employment avenues would be created for educated unemployed youths of the State as all these sectors had vast potential for further development and can also contribute significantly in strengthening the economy of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth
- Flood threat: Water level on rise in various rivers in Bihar; Kosi, Bagmati flow above danger mark
- Our plan was to bowl maiden overs against West Indies, says Umesh Yadav