World Bank sanctions Rs 550-cr loan to Himachal
Shimla: World Bank has sanctioned Rs 550 crore Development Policy Loan to Himachal government out of this fund Rs 495.37 crore (90 per cent) has been released to the state government, Chief Minister Virbharda Singh said on Tuesday.
The loan has been sanctioned to promote Inclusive Green Growth and Sustainable Development in the State and it would be utilised for achieving these objectives in Power, Tourism, Industries and Environment sectors, he added.
The Chief Minister said the state government has decided to enhance and operationalise the capacities in environment and energy departments for effective coordination, monitoring and evaluation.
The government has also decided to undertake Cumulative Environmental Impact Assessment (CEIA) studies for Satluj, Beas, Yamuna and Chenab river basis in the State and an integrated catchment area treatment plan for Satluj river basin was being implemented and integrated CAT plans for Chenab river basis were being prepared, he said.
Virbhadra Singh said that by strengthening Power, Tourism, Industries and Environment sectors, more and more employment and self employment avenues would be created for educated unemployed youths of the State as all these sectors had vast potential for further development and can also contribute significantly in strengthening the economy of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway