World Bank sanctions Rs 550-cr loan to Himachal
Shimla: World Bank has sanctioned Rs 550 crore Development Policy Loan to Himachal government out of this fund Rs 495.37 crore (90 per cent) has been released to the state government, Chief Minister Virbharda Singh said on Tuesday.
The loan has been sanctioned to promote Inclusive Green Growth and Sustainable Development in the State and it would be utilised for achieving these objectives in Power, Tourism, Industries and Environment sectors, he added.
The Chief Minister said the state government has decided to enhance and operationalise the capacities in environment and energy departments for effective coordination, monitoring and evaluation.
The government has also decided to undertake Cumulative Environmental Impact Assessment (CEIA) studies for Satluj, Beas, Yamuna and Chenab river basis in the State and an integrated catchment area treatment plan for Satluj river basin was being implemented and integrated CAT plans for Chenab river basis were being prepared, he said.
Virbhadra Singh said that by strengthening Power, Tourism, Industries and Environment sectors, more and more employment and self employment avenues would be created for educated unemployed youths of the State as all these sectors had vast potential for further development and can also contribute significantly in strengthening the economy of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm