World Bank sanctions Rs 550-cr loan to Himachal
Shimla: World Bank has sanctioned Rs 550 crore Development Policy Loan to Himachal government out of this fund Rs 495.37 crore (90 per cent) has been released to the state government, Chief Minister Virbharda Singh said on Tuesday.
The loan has been sanctioned to promote Inclusive Green Growth and Sustainable Development in the State and it would be utilised for achieving these objectives in Power, Tourism, Industries and Environment sectors, he added.
The Chief Minister said the state government has decided to enhance and operationalise the capacities in environment and energy departments for effective coordination, monitoring and evaluation.
The government has also decided to undertake Cumulative Environmental Impact Assessment (CEIA) studies for Satluj, Beas, Yamuna and Chenab river basis in the State and an integrated catchment area treatment plan for Satluj river basin was being implemented and integrated CAT plans for Chenab river basis were being prepared, he said.
Virbhadra Singh said that by strengthening Power, Tourism, Industries and Environment sectors, more and more employment and self employment avenues would be created for educated unemployed youths of the State as all these sectors had vast potential for further development and can also contribute significantly in strengthening the economy of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015