Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
New Delhi: Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Sadhvi Prachi on Saturday triggered fresh controversy when she said that those who consume cow meat deserve the same fate as that of Dadri lynching incident.
Addressing the media over the Dadri lynching incident, Prachi said, “those who consume beef deserve such actions against them.”
In what may cause trouble for the BJP, Police have arrested the two main accused in the case out of which one is the son of local BJP functionary Sanjay Rana.
The two accused have been identified as Shivam and Vishal, raising the total of the number of accused in the case to eight.
Six people were arrested earlier after public outrage over the killing of a man by a mob in Uttar Pradesh's Dadri, allegedly over rumours that he had consumed beef.
50-year-old Mohammad Ikhlaq was beaten to death and his 22-year-old and his son Danish was critically injured by a 200-strong mob that barged into their house on Monday night following rumours that the family had consumed beef. Cow slaughter is banned in Uttar Pradesh.
(With ANI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you