Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
New Delhi: Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Sadhvi Prachi on Saturday triggered fresh controversy when she said that those who consume cow meat deserve the same fate as that of Dadri lynching incident.
Addressing the media over the Dadri lynching incident, Prachi said, “those who consume beef deserve such actions against them.”
In what may cause trouble for the BJP, Police have arrested the two main accused in the case out of which one is the son of local BJP functionary Sanjay Rana.
The two accused have been identified as Shivam and Vishal, raising the total of the number of accused in the case to eight.
Six people were arrested earlier after public outrage over the killing of a man by a mob in Uttar Pradesh's Dadri, allegedly over rumours that he had consumed beef.
50-year-old Mohammad Ikhlaq was beaten to death and his 22-year-old and his son Danish was critically injured by a 200-strong mob that barged into their house on Monday night following rumours that the family had consumed beef. Cow slaughter is banned in Uttar Pradesh.
(With ANI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons