Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
New Delhi: Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Sadhvi Prachi on Saturday triggered fresh controversy when she said that those who consume cow meat deserve the same fate as that of Dadri lynching incident.
Addressing the media over the Dadri lynching incident, Prachi said, “those who consume beef deserve such actions against them.”
In what may cause trouble for the BJP, Police have arrested the two main accused in the case out of which one is the son of local BJP functionary Sanjay Rana.
The two accused have been identified as Shivam and Vishal, raising the total of the number of accused in the case to eight.
Six people were arrested earlier after public outrage over the killing of a man by a mob in Uttar Pradesh's Dadri, allegedly over rumours that he had consumed beef.
50-year-old Mohammad Ikhlaq was beaten to death and his 22-year-old and his son Danish was critically injured by a 200-strong mob that barged into their house on Monday night following rumours that the family had consumed beef. Cow slaughter is banned in Uttar Pradesh.
(With ANI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say