New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi have been asked to appear in court on December 19 in connection with the National Herald case.
Here's all what Congress spokesperson and senior advocate Abhishek Manu Singhvi said before the court:-
1) - Each accused is extremely 'keen, ready and willing' to appear before the court at the earliest.
2) - We were seeking exemption only for today; all, barring one - Sam Pitroda - who is in the US, will remain present on the next hearing.
3) - The National Herald case is an example of 'political vendetta' at its worst. Congress will fight the case with all its might; the grand old party has an unassailable case and has no doubts legally.
4) - Abhishek Manu Singhvi accused senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Dr Subramanian Swamy and the ruling party of using proxy litigation to attack senior Congress leaders out of 'political malice'.
5) - Citing examples of Virbhadra Singh and P Chidambaram, Singhvi said "You have seen a series since 18 months, be it Virbhadra Singh who was rudely intruded upon during the wedding of his child or a baseless allegation roping in Chidambaram and his family. This case just happens to be the next in the pattern."
The next hearing will take place at 3PM on Dec 19.