13L man-days generated under MGNREGA in Kulgam
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
has generated nearly 13 lakh man-days of work in Kulgam
district by undertaking over 2,800 projects under the Mahatma
Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act.
"As many as 2,839 projects costing Rs 28.57 crore have
been taken up in Kulgam district under MGNREGA, generating
12.90 lakh man-days of work," an official spokesman said here
Of the 2,839 projects, 2,290 have been completed so far.
JK social welfare minister Sakina Itoo yesterday reviewed
the pace of work in the district during a meeting of officers.
The Minister also took stock of various projects under
execution in other sectors, including Roads and Buildings
sector, Tribal sub-plan and Power Development Department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed