13L man-days generated under MGNREGA in Kulgam
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
has generated nearly 13 lakh man-days of work in Kulgam
district by undertaking over 2,800 projects under the Mahatma
Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act.
"As many as 2,839 projects costing Rs 28.57 crore have
been taken up in Kulgam district under MGNREGA, generating
12.90 lakh man-days of work," an official spokesman said here
Of the 2,839 projects, 2,290 have been completed so far.
JK social welfare minister Sakina Itoo yesterday reviewed
the pace of work in the district during a meeting of officers.
The Minister also took stock of various projects under
execution in other sectors, including Roads and Buildings
sector, Tribal sub-plan and Power Development Department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill