13L man-days generated under MGNREGA in Kulgam
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
has generated nearly 13 lakh man-days of work in Kulgam
district by undertaking over 2,800 projects under the Mahatma
Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act.
"As many as 2,839 projects costing Rs 28.57 crore have
been taken up in Kulgam district under MGNREGA, generating
12.90 lakh man-days of work," an official spokesman said here
Of the 2,839 projects, 2,290 have been completed so far.
JK social welfare minister Sakina Itoo yesterday reviewed
the pace of work in the district during a meeting of officers.
The Minister also took stock of various projects under
execution in other sectors, including Roads and Buildings
sector, Tribal sub-plan and Power Development Department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal