13L man-days generated under MGNREGA in Kulgam
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
has generated nearly 13 lakh man-days of work in Kulgam
district by undertaking over 2,800 projects under the Mahatma
Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act.
"As many as 2,839 projects costing Rs 28.57 crore have
been taken up in Kulgam district under MGNREGA, generating
12.90 lakh man-days of work," an official spokesman said here
Of the 2,839 projects, 2,290 have been completed so far.
JK social welfare minister Sakina Itoo yesterday reviewed
the pace of work in the district during a meeting of officers.
The Minister also took stock of various projects under
execution in other sectors, including Roads and Buildings
sector, Tribal sub-plan and Power Development Department.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know