13L man-days generated under MGNREGA in Kulgam
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
has generated nearly 13 lakh man-days of work in Kulgam
district by undertaking over 2,800 projects under the Mahatma
Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act.
"As many as 2,839 projects costing Rs 28.57 crore have
been taken up in Kulgam district under MGNREGA, generating
12.90 lakh man-days of work," an official spokesman said here
Of the 2,839 projects, 2,290 have been completed so far.
JK social welfare minister Sakina Itoo yesterday reviewed
the pace of work in the district during a meeting of officers.
The Minister also took stock of various projects under
execution in other sectors, including Roads and Buildings
sector, Tribal sub-plan and Power Development Department.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Anurag Kashyap will strike back with 'Raman Raghav 2.0' : Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Sonia Gandhi stashed bribe money in Geneva's Sarasin Bank?
- World record: 23-year-old Tobago batsman Iraq Thomas slams T20 century off 21 balls
- Donald Trump hints at taking India's help in dealing with `unstable` Pakistan
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Manchester City