20-yr-old girl gang-raped, two arrested
Jammu: A 20-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by three persons in Ghatti village of Kathua district following which two persons have been arrested, police said on Wednesday.
The girl on Tuesday complained that she was gang-raped by three persons during the wee hours of April 30 when she along with her father had gone to harvest crop in Ghatti village, they said.
The arrests were made following the complaint, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Kathua, Atul Goel, said today.
"The girl is not from the village, the family has a small farm there and the girl had come to the village along with her father in the early hours of the morning to harvest their crop when the incident took place," Goel said.
He said that a medical examination was conducted and a hunt was launched to arrest the accused.
"A medical test was conducted and hunt was launched to nab the culprits. A person named Kahjoor Singh was arrested last evening, while another accused in the case named Meenu was apprehended by the police today," Goel said.
The official added that efforts to arrest the third culprit in the case is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it