20-yr-old girl gang-raped, two arrested
Jammu: A 20-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by three persons in Ghatti village of Kathua district following which two persons have been arrested, police said on Wednesday.
The girl on Tuesday complained that she was gang-raped by three persons during the wee hours of April 30 when she along with her father had gone to harvest crop in Ghatti village, they said.
The arrests were made following the complaint, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Kathua, Atul Goel, said today.
"The girl is not from the village, the family has a small farm there and the girl had come to the village along with her father in the early hours of the morning to harvest their crop when the incident took place," Goel said.
He said that a medical examination was conducted and a hunt was launched to arrest the accused.
"A medical test was conducted and hunt was launched to nab the culprits. A person named Kahjoor Singh was arrested last evening, while another accused in the case named Meenu was apprehended by the police today," Goel said.
The official added that efforts to arrest the third culprit in the case is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why