24 houses gutted in massive fire
Jammu: Twenty-four houses were gutted and several domestic animals killed in a massive fire in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
No human casualties were reported in the blaze which broke out just before dawn today in the remote village of Tun-Ifityan in the district`s Atholi belt, a police spokesperson said.
The fire was controlled this morning by locals, he said.
A police team has started on a trek to far-flung, mountainous area having less road connectivity to ascertain details of the fire, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi