24 houses gutted in massive fire
Jammu: Twenty-four houses were gutted and several domestic animals killed in a massive fire in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
No human casualties were reported in the blaze which broke out just before dawn today in the remote village of Tun-Ifityan in the district`s Atholi belt, a police spokesperson said.
The fire was controlled this morning by locals, he said.
A police team has started on a trek to far-flung, mountainous area having less road connectivity to ascertain details of the fire, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?