24 houses gutted in massive fire
Jammu: Twenty-four houses were gutted and several domestic animals killed in a massive fire in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
No human casualties were reported in the blaze which broke out just before dawn today in the remote village of Tun-Ifityan in the district`s Atholi belt, a police spokesperson said.
The fire was controlled this morning by locals, he said.
A police team has started on a trek to far-flung, mountainous area having less road connectivity to ascertain details of the fire, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest