24 houses gutted in massive fire
Jammu: Twenty-four houses were gutted and several domestic animals killed in a massive fire in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
No human casualties were reported in the blaze which broke out just before dawn today in the remote village of Tun-Ifityan in the district`s Atholi belt, a police spokesperson said.
The fire was controlled this morning by locals, he said.
A police team has started on a trek to far-flung, mountainous area having less road connectivity to ascertain details of the fire, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police