29 injured as bus falls into deep gorge in Poonch
Jammu: At least 29 people were injured, 9 of them critically, when a passenger bus skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district on Saturday.
The bus, which was on its way to Poonch from Jammu, skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge at Dharati in Krishna Ghati area of Poonch district this afternoon, police said.
In the mishap, 29 people were injured, nine of them seriously, they said adding police and army launched rescue operation and evacuated all the injured from the accident site and admitted them in a hospital.
Later, nine critically injured were shifted to Government Medical College hospital in Jammu, they said.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- TVS Motor sales up 16% in April
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail