4 killed, 16 injured in separate mishaps in J&K
Jammu: Four persons were killed and 16 others, including a cop, injured in separate incidents in Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Sunday.
One person was killed and fifteen others sustained injuries when a Matador in which they were travelling skidded off the road and turned turtle at village Pallian in Poonch district yesterday, they said.
The deceased has been identified as Mohd Irshad (23), they said adding that the injured have been hospitalised.
In another incident, a SUV of former Chief Secretary SS Kapoor skidded off the road and rolled down into gorge, resulting in injuries to a police official at Batote area in Ramban district today, police said.
In a separate incident, a truck loaded with cement bags skidded off the road and rolled down into gorge at Cherna area today, leading to the death of driver on the spot.
In a similar mishap, a motorbike rider, identified as Makhan Lal was killed in Kathua belt in the district, police said.
Meanwhile, an unidentified youth was killed today after being hit by a train in Jammu district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The incident took place when the victim was hit by the Jammu-bound Varanasi Express train while he was crossing the railway track at Bari Brahamana area of the district, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley