4 killed, 16 injured in separate mishaps in J&K
Jammu: Four persons were killed and 16 others, including a cop, injured in separate incidents in Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Sunday.
One person was killed and fifteen others sustained injuries when a Matador in which they were travelling skidded off the road and turned turtle at village Pallian in Poonch district yesterday, they said.
The deceased has been identified as Mohd Irshad (23), they said adding that the injured have been hospitalised.
In another incident, a SUV of former Chief Secretary SS Kapoor skidded off the road and rolled down into gorge, resulting in injuries to a police official at Batote area in Ramban district today, police said.
In a separate incident, a truck loaded with cement bags skidded off the road and rolled down into gorge at Cherna area today, leading to the death of driver on the spot.
In a similar mishap, a motorbike rider, identified as Makhan Lal was killed in Kathua belt in the district, police said.
Meanwhile, an unidentified youth was killed today after being hit by a train in Jammu district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The incident took place when the victim was hit by the Jammu-bound Varanasi Express train while he was crossing the railway track at Bari Brahamana area of the district, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani