4 killed, 16 injured in separate mishaps in J&K
Jammu: Four persons were killed and 16 others, including a cop, injured in separate incidents in Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Sunday.
One person was killed and fifteen others sustained injuries when a Matador in which they were travelling skidded off the road and turned turtle at village Pallian in Poonch district yesterday, they said.
The deceased has been identified as Mohd Irshad (23), they said adding that the injured have been hospitalised.
In another incident, a SUV of former Chief Secretary SS Kapoor skidded off the road and rolled down into gorge, resulting in injuries to a police official at Batote area in Ramban district today, police said.
In a separate incident, a truck loaded with cement bags skidded off the road and rolled down into gorge at Cherna area today, leading to the death of driver on the spot.
In a similar mishap, a motorbike rider, identified as Makhan Lal was killed in Kathua belt in the district, police said.
Meanwhile, an unidentified youth was killed today after being hit by a train in Jammu district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The incident took place when the victim was hit by the Jammu-bound Varanasi Express train while he was crossing the railway track at Bari Brahamana area of the district, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months