Action should be taken against Kamal: Cong MP
Jammu: Terming as "anti-national" the controversial statement made by National Conference leader Mustafa Kamal, a Congress MP on Friday demanded action against him.
"Congress was hurt by the anti-India remarks made by its coalition partner NC`s additional general secretary Mustafa Kamal," said Lal Singh.
"Our alliance with the NC is a compulsion but as an individual, I see him (Kamal) as anti-national and he should be punished for his remarks," Singh told reporters here today.
The Udhampur MP said his remarks were absolutely "anti-national" in nature and had he been in power, he would have put him behind bars.
"Anybody, who sees the country as enemy must be punished for being anti-national," the Congress MP said.
Accusing India of having rejected a no-war pact with Pakistan and the Army of being hurdle in the return of peace in state, Kamal had said on Sunday that if India continued its stubborn attitude, "it will be our biggest enemy."
However, later, he retracted from the statement saying he was misquoted.
Singh also said 14th Shaheedi Diwas will be observed at Kathua on November 16, in which Union minister Ghulam Nabi Azad would be the chief guest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice