Action should be taken against Kamal: Cong MP
Jammu: Terming as "anti-national" the controversial statement made by National Conference leader Mustafa Kamal, a Congress MP on Friday demanded action against him.
"Congress was hurt by the anti-India remarks made by its coalition partner NC`s additional general secretary Mustafa Kamal," said Lal Singh.
"Our alliance with the NC is a compulsion but as an individual, I see him (Kamal) as anti-national and he should be punished for his remarks," Singh told reporters here today.
The Udhampur MP said his remarks were absolutely "anti-national" in nature and had he been in power, he would have put him behind bars.
"Anybody, who sees the country as enemy must be punished for being anti-national," the Congress MP said.
Accusing India of having rejected a no-war pact with Pakistan and the Army of being hurdle in the return of peace in state, Kamal had said on Sunday that if India continued its stubborn attitude, "it will be our biggest enemy."
However, later, he retracted from the statement saying he was misquoted.
Singh also said 14th Shaheedi Diwas will be observed at Kathua on November 16, in which Union minister Ghulam Nabi Azad would be the chief guest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH