Afzal Guru hanged as per procedure: Farooq Abdullah
New Delhi: National Conference leader and union minister Farooq Abdullah Monday said Afzal Guru was hanged according to procedure.
"Afzal Guru`s mercy petition was put before president. He rejected it. The matter is over," Abdullah told reporters here.
Asked about the situation in Jammu and Kashmir, Abdullah said: "Ask the chief minister (Omar Abdullah) who is there. He knows what the state is going through."
Farooq Abdullah is a former chief minister of Jammu and Kashmir and father of Omar Abdullah, the state`s present chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III