Afzal Guru should `pay price`: Farooq Abdullah
Jammu: Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru should "pay the price" for attacking India, union New and Renewable Energy Minister and former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Farooq Abdullah said on Saturday.
"Anyone who attacks India should pay the price for it," Farooq Abdullah, president of the state`s ruling National Conference (NC), said in reply to a reporter`s question on Afzal Guru.
However, even as the elder Abdullah indicated strong action against Afzal Guru his son and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah favours clemency for Guru, as he believes Guru`s hanging may once again revive militancy at a time when it is down.
Convicted of conspiracy in the December 2001 parliament attack, Afzal was sentenced to death by the Supreme Court in 2004. His mercy petition is pending before the president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...