Afzal Guru should `pay price`: Farooq Abdullah
Jammu: Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru should "pay the price" for attacking India, union New and Renewable Energy Minister and former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Farooq Abdullah said on Saturday.
"Anyone who attacks India should pay the price for it," Farooq Abdullah, president of the state`s ruling National Conference (NC), said in reply to a reporter`s question on Afzal Guru.
However, even as the elder Abdullah indicated strong action against Afzal Guru his son and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah favours clemency for Guru, as he believes Guru`s hanging may once again revive militancy at a time when it is down.
Convicted of conspiracy in the December 2001 parliament attack, Afzal was sentenced to death by the Supreme Court in 2004. His mercy petition is pending before the president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises