Air, surface links to Kashmir Valley restored
Srinagar: Air services between the Kashmir Valley and the rest of the country were restored on Thursday and the strategic Srinagar-Jammu highway was also opened for one-way traffic, authorities said.
A senior official of the northern railways told a news agency that train services between Kashmir`s Baramulla town and Banihal town in Jammu region were restored after they remained disrupted for two days.
Officials said vehicular traffic would be allowed to move from Srinagar to Jammu while stranded vehicles on the highway that remained closed for three days were also being cleared.
The highway remained closed for three days due to heavy snowfall and landslides on the over 300-km-long road.
The air traffic between summer capital Srinagar and the rest of the country was also restored completely after three days, although some service providers operated a few flights to the Valley on Wednesday.
The civil administration in Srinagar city commenced de-watering operations in a number of waterlogged areas in the city.
For two days most traffic crossings and market squares remained waterlogged in the summer capital while the Srinagar municipal corporation officials said they were working overtime to address water logging.
Schools and colleges have been closed in the Valley till March 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Randeep Hooda-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's 'Sarbjit' mints Rs 22.09 cr at Box Office!
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Sushil Kumar vs Narsingh Yadav – No final decision yet, Delhi HC defers hearing to May 30
- Beacon from Egypt crash detected, search narrows
- Leisure time! Akshay Kumar lazes around in sunshine before the grand release of 'Housefull 3'! – See pic
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test: Sachin Tendulkar's record remains unbroken; Alastair Cook misses out again