AJKPC demands honorarium, extension of 73rd amendm
Jammu: All Jammu and Kashmir Panchayat Conference today demanded extension of 73rd amendment to Jammu and Kashmir and honorarium and adequate security for elected Panches and Sarpanches in the state.
"Our organisation is demanding honorarium, extension of 73rd amendment and adequate security for the elected Panches and Sarpanches," Sarpanch and Provincial President, Women Wing (Jammu) of AJKPC, Vimla Devi told reporters here.
"Neither Chief Minister Omar Abdullah nor his Panchayati Raj Minister is taking any step to build confidence amongst the Panchayat members," Devi said.
If the demands were not met, the elected women Panchayat members along with their family members would march to Civil Secretariat and gherao Chief Minister and Panchayati Raj Minister, she said.
Devi said it was unfortunate that none of the political parties in the state have given mandate or representation to any female elected Panches and Sarpanches in the ongoing MLCs election process.
"We demand that from Panchayat quota`s MLCs seats, there must be reservation for elected women Panchayat member," she said.
Naib Sarpanch and AJKPC member Sunita Devi claimed, "Till date, not even a single rupee has been given to any Panchayat member as honorarium or salary."
She said the Chief Minister should visit each Panchayat of the state and take note of how the elected members and their family members are living in absence of any livelihood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray