AJKPC demands honorarium, extension of 73rd amendm
Jammu: All Jammu and Kashmir Panchayat Conference today demanded extension of 73rd amendment to Jammu and Kashmir and honorarium and adequate security for elected Panches and Sarpanches in the state.
"Our organisation is demanding honorarium, extension of 73rd amendment and adequate security for the elected Panches and Sarpanches," Sarpanch and Provincial President, Women Wing (Jammu) of AJKPC, Vimla Devi told reporters here.
"Neither Chief Minister Omar Abdullah nor his Panchayati Raj Minister is taking any step to build confidence amongst the Panchayat members," Devi said.
If the demands were not met, the elected women Panchayat members along with their family members would march to Civil Secretariat and gherao Chief Minister and Panchayati Raj Minister, she said.
Devi said it was unfortunate that none of the political parties in the state have given mandate or representation to any female elected Panches and Sarpanches in the ongoing MLCs election process.
"We demand that from Panchayat quota`s MLCs seats, there must be reservation for elected women Panchayat member," she said.
Naib Sarpanch and AJKPC member Sunita Devi claimed, "Till date, not even a single rupee has been given to any Panchayat member as honorarium or salary."
She said the Chief Minister should visit each Panchayat of the state and take note of how the elected members and their family members are living in absence of any livelihood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery