AJKPC demands immediate security for Panchayat leaders
Jammu: All Jammu and Kashmir Panchayat Conference (AJKPC) Tuesday demanded immediate security cover to its members, condemning the brutal killing of a Sarpanch president in Tral area of Kashmir.
"We condemn the brutal killing of a Sarpanch namely Ghulam Nabi Mir and his young son Firdous Ahmed Mir in Tral area of Awanitpora in Kashmir", President of AJKPC, Anil Sharma said here today.
Slamming the militant attack, Sharma called it a failure of the state government to protect the lives of democratically elected Panchayat members.
"The Chief Minister must ensure immediate security cover to the AJKPC leaders who are on the hit list of terrorists for their pro-democracy stance," said Sharma.
He warned that if the state government fails to ensure their security there will be an agitation.
The AJKPC president have called an emergency meeting of all the executive body members today to chalk out next course of action.
Ahmed Mir was the president of Sarpanch, Panch association united forum (Kashmir).
While giving further details about the incidents, AJKPC leader informed that the unidentified gunmen also attacked the house of another senior leader of AJKPC Bashir Malik who is provincial president (Kashmir Province) of the Panchayat conference.
Bashir was at home when some unidentified gunmen shot rounds of fire at his house, he locked himself in the house and called the police where later he was shifted to Local Police Station for protection.
The AJKPC also condemned the killing of Nambardar namely Mohammad Ahmad Khanday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'