AJKPC demands immediate security for Panchayat leaders
Jammu: All Jammu and Kashmir Panchayat Conference (AJKPC) Tuesday demanded immediate security cover to its members, condemning the brutal killing of a Sarpanch president in Tral area of Kashmir.
"We condemn the brutal killing of a Sarpanch namely Ghulam Nabi Mir and his young son Firdous Ahmed Mir in Tral area of Awanitpora in Kashmir", President of AJKPC, Anil Sharma said here today.
Slamming the militant attack, Sharma called it a failure of the state government to protect the lives of democratically elected Panchayat members.
"The Chief Minister must ensure immediate security cover to the AJKPC leaders who are on the hit list of terrorists for their pro-democracy stance," said Sharma.
He warned that if the state government fails to ensure their security there will be an agitation.
The AJKPC president have called an emergency meeting of all the executive body members today to chalk out next course of action.
Ahmed Mir was the president of Sarpanch, Panch association united forum (Kashmir).
While giving further details about the incidents, AJKPC leader informed that the unidentified gunmen also attacked the house of another senior leader of AJKPC Bashir Malik who is provincial president (Kashmir Province) of the Panchayat conference.
Bashir was at home when some unidentified gunmen shot rounds of fire at his house, he locked himself in the house and called the police where later he was shifted to Local Police Station for protection.
The AJKPC also condemned the killing of Nambardar namely Mohammad Ahmad Khanday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons