AJKPC demands immediate security for Panchayat leaders
Jammu: All Jammu and Kashmir Panchayat Conference (AJKPC) Tuesday demanded immediate security cover to its members, condemning the brutal killing of a Sarpanch president in Tral area of Kashmir.
"We condemn the brutal killing of a Sarpanch namely Ghulam Nabi Mir and his young son Firdous Ahmed Mir in Tral area of Awanitpora in Kashmir", President of AJKPC, Anil Sharma said here today.
Slamming the militant attack, Sharma called it a failure of the state government to protect the lives of democratically elected Panchayat members.
"The Chief Minister must ensure immediate security cover to the AJKPC leaders who are on the hit list of terrorists for their pro-democracy stance," said Sharma.
He warned that if the state government fails to ensure their security there will be an agitation.
The AJKPC president have called an emergency meeting of all the executive body members today to chalk out next course of action.
Ahmed Mir was the president of Sarpanch, Panch association united forum (Kashmir).
While giving further details about the incidents, AJKPC leader informed that the unidentified gunmen also attacked the house of another senior leader of AJKPC Bashir Malik who is provincial president (Kashmir Province) of the Panchayat conference.
Bashir was at home when some unidentified gunmen shot rounds of fire at his house, he locked himself in the house and called the police where later he was shifted to Local Police Station for protection.
The AJKPC also condemned the killing of Nambardar namely Mohammad Ahmad Khanday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured