Alert sounded along Indo-Pak border post ceasefire violations
Jammu: Ahead of Independence Day and amid increase in ceasefire violations by Pakistan, state authorities have sounded high alert along the Indo-Pak border as well as in the hinterlands of Jammu and Kashmir.
"High alert has been sounded by security forces along the Line of Control (LoC) to foil designs of infiltrations and also increased ceasefire violations in the state," a senior Army officer told PTI.
An alert has also been sounded in hinterlands of Rajouri, Poonch and Doda districts after inputs of some militant activity, he said.
Patrolling along the border line with Pakistan has also been increased and round the clock vigilance is being maintained, apart from use of equipments, including thermal imagers.
"Militants are staged along the border line to infiltrate into this side. The firing and ceasefire violations are aimed at pushing in militants to this side. But troops are alert and foiling their designs," he said.
Security has also increased along the International Border (IB) in Jammu, Kathua and Samba sectors, where a tunnel from Pakistan was discovered on July 28.
"Security has been beefed up and round the clock patrolling is being done to ensure peace along the border. Additional security has been put on the job," a BSF officer said.
Security has been beefed up at the Jammu and Srinagar airports also following some reports, IGP Jammu, Dilbagh Singh told reporters here.
A round the clock checking and frisking of the vehicles is taking place, he said.
"August 15 period is very sensitive...Some days back a tunnel from Pakistan was detected in Samba, which is a serious issue for security...It is a big tunnel," he said.
Keeping in view all these aspects, we have reviewed the security in Jammu city and other places, he said.
"We will take strong security measures to ensure incident-free and smooth I-day passage," he said.
There have been five ceasefire violations by Pakistan targetted at the Indian posts along the LoC and IB in the state in which three BSF jawans were injured during past one week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah