Alert sounded along Indo-Pak border post ceasefire violations
Jammu: Ahead of Independence Day and amid increase in ceasefire violations by Pakistan, state authorities have sounded high alert along the Indo-Pak border as well as in the hinterlands of Jammu and Kashmir.
"High alert has been sounded by security forces along the Line of Control (LoC) to foil designs of infiltrations and also increased ceasefire violations in the state," a senior Army officer told PTI.
An alert has also been sounded in hinterlands of Rajouri, Poonch and Doda districts after inputs of some militant activity, he said.
Patrolling along the border line with Pakistan has also been increased and round the clock vigilance is being maintained, apart from use of equipments, including thermal imagers.
"Militants are staged along the border line to infiltrate into this side. The firing and ceasefire violations are aimed at pushing in militants to this side. But troops are alert and foiling their designs," he said.
Security has also increased along the International Border (IB) in Jammu, Kathua and Samba sectors, where a tunnel from Pakistan was discovered on July 28.
"Security has been beefed up and round the clock patrolling is being done to ensure peace along the border. Additional security has been put on the job," a BSF officer said.
Security has been beefed up at the Jammu and Srinagar airports also following some reports, IGP Jammu, Dilbagh Singh told reporters here.
A round the clock checking and frisking of the vehicles is taking place, he said.
"August 15 period is very sensitive...Some days back a tunnel from Pakistan was detected in Samba, which is a serious issue for security...It is a big tunnel," he said.
Keeping in view all these aspects, we have reviewed the security in Jammu city and other places, he said.
"We will take strong security measures to ensure incident-free and smooth I-day passage," he said.
There have been five ceasefire violations by Pakistan targetted at the Indian posts along the LoC and IB in the state in which three BSF jawans were injured during past one week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city