Amarnath pilgrim die due to heart attack
Jammu: A pilgrim has died due to heart attack enroute cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas taking the death toll to 13.
60-year-old Komal Prakash of Shivpura belt of Madhya Pradesh suffered the heart attack at Panjtarni enroute the cave shrine and was shifted to Medical camp, where doctors declared him dead last evening, police official said.
The body has been handed over to the family for last rites.
The total number of deaths that have taken place in 36 days of yatra period is 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire