Amarnath yatra suspended for second consecutive day from Jammu
Jammu: The ongoing pilgrimage to the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas remained suspended for the second consecutive day on Friday from Jammu following bad weather conditions.
"Amarnath yatra has been suspended for second day today due to bad weather conditions," a police officer said here.
No fresh batch was allowed to move to Amarnath cave shrine this morning, he said.
Yatra was earlier resumed on August 13 after it remained suspended for three days in the wake of communal clashes and curfew in areas of Jammu region.
The pilgrimage was also suspended due to bad weather conditions from Kashmir-based twin base camps of Pahalgam and Baltal on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi