Amit Shah to arrive in Jammu on Aug 25
Jammu: BJP National President Amit Shah will arrive in Jammu and Kashmir on August 25, his maiden visit to the state after becoming the party`s chief.
"Shah will arrive in Jammu winter capital city on his visit to Jammu and Kashmir on August 25", Pradesh Bharatiya Janata Party Spokesperson, Sunil Sethi, told reporters here today.
Shah is scheduled to address a public rally in Kathua district on August 25.
Sethi said that Shah`s visit will help strengthen the BJP cadres in the state.
"There is huge enthusiasm over the maiden visit to state of the new BJP president, not only among the party cadres but also among millions of people of Jammu and Kashmir, who want to see this state becoming integral part of economic growth", Sethi said.
Quoting Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Sethi said that after being "man of the match" in general elections, Amit Shah will prove to be "man of change" in Jammu and Kashmir.
Sethi said that in his maiden speech on ratification as BJP National President, Shah had clearly outlined that Jammu and Kashmir rests among the "top of his priorities".
Referring to the BJP?s success in Lok Sabha elections and subsequent enlargements of its base, Sethi said a beginning for the change has been made across Jammu province and also in Ladakh and it is increasingly catching up imagination of cross sections of society in Kashmir valley too.
Claiming that BJP says only what it believes in, Sethi further informed that party cadres are working hard to make the `Mission 44+` (the required number of seats to make government in J&K) possible.
"The achievement of Mission 44+ shall be an ultimate victory of the people in their long standing battle against corruption and nepotism", he said.
BJP has 11 seats in the present state Assembly, which has a total strength of 87.
BJP won three out of six Lok Sabha seats of Jammu, Udhampur and Ladakh and took lead in 29 Assembly segments in the recently-concluded Parliamentary elections.
"Once in power, the BJP shall not only eradicate corruption from its roots but also bring in white paper on past misdeeds of ministers, other politicians and bureaucrats to hold every wrong doer accountable", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi