Another batch of devotees leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 24th batch of pilgrims on Sunday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
As many as 1,499 pilgrims, including 997 men, 387 women and 13 children, left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu in a cavalcade of 45 vehicles at 4:15 AM, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Patnitop on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
With today`s batch, a total of 43,911 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’