Another batch of devotees leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 32nd batch of pilgrims on Monday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
As many as 460 pilgrims, including 244 men, 113 women and three children left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu in a cavalcade of 14 vehicles at 4:20 am, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Patnitop on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
With today`s batch, a total of 51,715 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs