Another batch of devotees leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 32nd batch of pilgrims on Monday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
As many as 460 pilgrims, including 244 men, 113 women and three children left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu in a cavalcade of 14 vehicles at 4:20 am, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Patnitop on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
With today`s batch, a total of 51,715 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred