Anti-Islam film: Young girls protest in Kashmir
Srinagar: Hundreds of burqa-clad girls staged a protest against the alleged anti-Islam film that portrays Prophet Mohammad in bad light, here on Saturday.
The protest held in a primary school here had girls from all age-brackets wearing black, white and green burqas, holding placards and banners, and raising slogans against the US and the makers of the film.
“This movie that has been made is outrageous and intolerable because when Fatima az-Zahra Rade-ul-anha (Prophet Mohammad’s daughter) was about to depart from this world, she requested Prophet to take out her funeral procession and perform her burial in the dark. This depicts that she was a very traditional and pious woman. Even after her death she would not tolerate that any unknown men would see the glimpse of her corpse. Today, a film has been made on that same Fatima az-Zahra Rade-ul-anha; it has hurt the sentiments of all the Muslim women and it is intolerable,” said Firdousa, one of the protesters.
The 13-minute English-language short film, which was filmed in California, portrays Prophet Mohammad engaged in crude and offensive behaviour.
The amateurish production, titled the ``Innocence of Muslims`` and originating in the United States, portrays Prophet as a homosexual and a child abuser, and shows him in a sexual act with a woman.
Muslims across the globe are questioning why the US failed to take action against the producers of the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins