Anti-Islam film: Young girls protest in Kashmir
Srinagar: Hundreds of burqa-clad girls staged a protest against the alleged anti-Islam film that portrays Prophet Mohammad in bad light, here on Saturday.
The protest held in a primary school here had girls from all age-brackets wearing black, white and green burqas, holding placards and banners, and raising slogans against the US and the makers of the film.
“This movie that has been made is outrageous and intolerable because when Fatima az-Zahra Rade-ul-anha (Prophet Mohammad’s daughter) was about to depart from this world, she requested Prophet to take out her funeral procession and perform her burial in the dark. This depicts that she was a very traditional and pious woman. Even after her death she would not tolerate that any unknown men would see the glimpse of her corpse. Today, a film has been made on that same Fatima az-Zahra Rade-ul-anha; it has hurt the sentiments of all the Muslim women and it is intolerable,” said Firdousa, one of the protesters.
The 13-minute English-language short film, which was filmed in California, portrays Prophet Mohammad engaged in crude and offensive behaviour.
The amateurish production, titled the ``Innocence of Muslims`` and originating in the United States, portrays Prophet as a homosexual and a child abuser, and shows him in a sexual act with a woman.
Muslims across the globe are questioning why the US failed to take action against the producers of the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe