APMCC demands Development Council for KPs in Kashmir
Jammu: An organisation representing Kashmiri Pandits today demanded formation of an exclusive development council for the community in Jammu and Kashmir which would work for its political empowerment,betterment and development.
"We demand formation of an exclusive Development Council for Kashmiri Pandits for political empowerment, betterment and development of displaced community in Kashmir," Chairman of All Parties Migrants Coordination Committee Vinod Pandit said in a statement issued here.
He said the Centre was considering setting up development councils for various areas and communities in Jammu and Kashmir and demanded that it must also create a separate Development Council having full representation of KPs to work for their betterment.
The APMCC vision document titled Path for Survival had been submitted to the Prime Minister in 2005 in which such a development council was demanded and a roadmap for the rehabilitation of the community discussed, he said.
Stressing on the need to take the Pandit community on board, he said Pandits feel alienated due to lackluster attitude of the state and central governments towards Kashmiri Migrants.
He said it was time that the government initiated some solid schemes like creation of Development Council to reduce the sufferings of the Kashmiri Migrant Pandits.
APMCC said it was a long-pending demand of the community and would go a long way in mitigating their sufferings besides creating a sense of belonging in the community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre