APMCC demands Development Council for KPs in Kashmir
Jammu: An organisation representing Kashmiri Pandits today demanded formation of an exclusive development council for the community in Jammu and Kashmir which would work for its political empowerment,betterment and development.
"We demand formation of an exclusive Development Council for Kashmiri Pandits for political empowerment, betterment and development of displaced community in Kashmir," Chairman of All Parties Migrants Coordination Committee Vinod Pandit said in a statement issued here.
He said the Centre was considering setting up development councils for various areas and communities in Jammu and Kashmir and demanded that it must also create a separate Development Council having full representation of KPs to work for their betterment.
The APMCC vision document titled Path for Survival had been submitted to the Prime Minister in 2005 in which such a development council was demanded and a roadmap for the rehabilitation of the community discussed, he said.
Stressing on the need to take the Pandit community on board, he said Pandits feel alienated due to lackluster attitude of the state and central governments towards Kashmiri Migrants.
He said it was time that the government initiated some solid schemes like creation of Development Council to reduce the sufferings of the Kashmiri Migrant Pandits.
APMCC said it was a long-pending demand of the community and would go a long way in mitigating their sufferings besides creating a sense of belonging in the community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in