Arms cache recovered from militant hideout in Kishtwar
Jammu: Security forces have busted a militant hideout and recovered a significant quantity of arms and ammunition in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir.
A joint operation by Rashtriya Rifles Battalion (RRB) and Jammu and Kashmir Police led to the arms bust in the Athar area of Kishtwar district last evening, a defence spokesman said.
Three rocket-propelled grenades, 15 grenades, 14 of these Chinese ones, five magazines of AK-47 and 392 rounds of AK-47 were recovered from the site along with one handheld radio set.
Other warlike stores, among them one pouch, a blanket, one `phiren`, one woolen cap, one torch, four pencil cells, two walking sticks and dry fruits and toffees were also recovered during the search operation.
Indian Army and police have thwarted the violent designs of militants by effecting timely recoveries as the cache had the potential of causing large-scale damage to life and property, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video