Arms cache recovered from militant hideout in Kishtwar
Jammu: Security forces have busted a militant hideout and recovered a significant quantity of arms and ammunition in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir.
A joint operation by Rashtriya Rifles Battalion (RRB) and Jammu and Kashmir Police led to the arms bust in the Athar area of Kishtwar district last evening, a defence spokesman said.
Three rocket-propelled grenades, 15 grenades, 14 of these Chinese ones, five magazines of AK-47 and 392 rounds of AK-47 were recovered from the site along with one handheld radio set.
Other warlike stores, among them one pouch, a blanket, one `phiren`, one woolen cap, one torch, four pencil cells, two walking sticks and dry fruits and toffees were also recovered during the search operation.
Indian Army and police have thwarted the violent designs of militants by effecting timely recoveries as the cache had the potential of causing large-scale damage to life and property, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- No sign of EgyptAir plane technical problems before takeoff: Sources
- Militants kill civilian in Kashmir
- Indian worker tells Australia court his pro-ISIS post was 'sarcastic'
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Mi 5 open sale to begin at 2 pm today
- Salman Khan's Katrina connect was seen at 'Sultan' trailer launch? Details inside