Army jawan commits suicide in Rajouri
Jammu: An Army jawan allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Vijay Singh, a newly-recruited jawan, shot himself in Noushera forward belt of Rajouri district last evening, PRO, Defence, Col R K Palta said here today.
The Army has ordered a Court of Inquiry (CoI) into the incident to ascertain the reason behind the suicide, he said.
The 22-year-old jawan was taken by his colleagues to the hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Singh hailed from Faridabad in Haryana and the body is being shifted to his native place.
In another incident, a Special Police Official (SPO) Mohmmad Riyaz tried to consume poison at his residence in Darhal area of Rajouri district and was shifted to hospital for treatment last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price