Army jawan commits suicide in Rajouri
Jammu: An Army jawan allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Vijay Singh, a newly-recruited jawan, shot himself in Noushera forward belt of Rajouri district last evening, PRO, Defence, Col R K Palta said here today.
The Army has ordered a Court of Inquiry (CoI) into the incident to ascertain the reason behind the suicide, he said.
The 22-year-old jawan was taken by his colleagues to the hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Singh hailed from Faridabad in Haryana and the body is being shifted to his native place.
In another incident, a Special Police Official (SPO) Mohmmad Riyaz tried to consume poison at his residence in Darhal area of Rajouri district and was shifted to hospital for treatment last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam