Army jawan killed in encounter with militants in Kupwara
Srinagar: An army jawan was on Wednesday killed in an encounter with militants in Kupwara district near the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir.
"One army jawan was killed in an anti-militancy operation in Tangdhar sector today," an army spokesman said.
The spokesman said the firefight has stopped and search operations were on to track the militants.
He did not comment whether the militants were infiltrating into Kashmir Valley or going back to Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?