Art is the voice of silence: Omar Abdullah
Jammu: Describing art forms as the voice of silence, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said the works of artists depict society, people, culture, heritage, nature and all other aspects of a civilisation.
He said that art pieces are significant sources of history and have been recognised memorabilia to learn about different periods and cultures.
Omar said J&K`s rich cultural heritage, pluralistic ethos, unity, natural bounty, different eras, historical events and other issues relating to lifestyle of people and process of development have been artistically narrated by artists, painters, sculptors, poets and writers through their works, which are now taken as an important source of information.
The Chief Minister said the artists of the state have also made their mark at international level.
J&K is famous for its art and literary treasures and the present day artists, poets and writers of the state are carrying forward this rich tradition with enthusiasm, he said.
Inaugurating a three-day painting exhibition at Amar Mehal here on the theme `The Grandeur of Pashmina Goat`, the Chief Minister said that the artist has beautifully depicted the importance of preservation of environment, ecology, greenery and other aspects relating to the rearing of the rarest Pashmina goat in Ladakh region of the state.
Omar said the artist has highlighted issues and problems relating to this species, its economic and cultural importance and the necessity of maintaining environment to nurture Pashmina goat.
The visitors showed keen interest in the paintings depicted in the Contemporary Art Gallery of Amar Mehal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Hillary Clinton would be Democratic nominee: Feinstein
- Israel media: Police recommend indicting Netanyahu's wife
- Watch video: Giant Gorilla shot and killed to save 4-year-old child!
- AAP MLA Jagdeep Singh arrested on assault charges, later released on bail
- Red Bull apologise to Daniel Ricciardo for pit-stop bungle at Monaco