Avalanche warning issued in Kashmir
Srinagar: A `high danger` avalanche warning was on Tuesday issued in several areas near the Line of Control in the Kashmir Valley.
High danger avalanche warning has been issued by SASE through State Disaster Management Authority for higher reaches of Chowkibal, Nawgam, Tangdhar, Machil and Gurez, an official spokesman said.
Medium danger avalanche warning has been issued for Banihal, Khilanmarg, Sonamarg, Zojila, Furkiyan, Drass and Kargil areas of the Valley and Ladakh region.
"People living in these snow-bound areas have been requested to exercise extreme caution, especially in areas where high danger avalanche warning has been issued," he said.
- Peppermint tea boosts memory in adults!
- Gold price tops Rs 30,000-mark, hits two-year high on global cues
- Boredom in life triggers unhealthy snacking
- IPL 2016: Struggling Kings XI Punjab to replace David Miller with Murali Vijay as captain?
- Swamy drops another bomb, says major revelation on AgustaWestland scam will change politics by 2017