Avalanche warning issued in Kashmir
Srinagar: A `high danger` avalanche warning was on Tuesday issued in several areas near the Line of Control in the Kashmir Valley.
High danger avalanche warning has been issued by SASE through State Disaster Management Authority for higher reaches of Chowkibal, Nawgam, Tangdhar, Machil and Gurez, an official spokesman said.
Medium danger avalanche warning has been issued for Banihal, Khilanmarg, Sonamarg, Zojila, Furkiyan, Drass and Kargil areas of the Valley and Ladakh region.
"People living in these snow-bound areas have been requested to exercise extreme caution, especially in areas where high danger avalanche warning has been issued," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?
- Solar Impulse 2 begins its final flight of world tour, heads to Abu dhabi
- 21 patients die on single day in Hyderabad govt hospital, staff blame power outage
- New Zealand's Queenstown Airport evacuated after 'bomb message' found on plane
- SHOCKING! Star wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio participation doubtful