Avalanche warning issued in Kashmir
Srinagar: A `high danger` avalanche warning was on Tuesday issued in several areas near the Line of Control in the Kashmir Valley.
High danger avalanche warning has been issued by SASE through State Disaster Management Authority for higher reaches of Chowkibal, Nawgam, Tangdhar, Machil and Gurez, an official spokesman said.
Medium danger avalanche warning has been issued for Banihal, Khilanmarg, Sonamarg, Zojila, Furkiyan, Drass and Kargil areas of the Valley and Ladakh region.
"People living in these snow-bound areas have been requested to exercise extreme caution, especially in areas where high danger avalanche warning has been issued," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur