Avalanche warning issued in Kashmir
Srinagar: A `high danger` avalanche warning was on Tuesday issued in several areas near the Line of Control in the Kashmir Valley.
High danger avalanche warning has been issued by SASE through State Disaster Management Authority for higher reaches of Chowkibal, Nawgam, Tangdhar, Machil and Gurez, an official spokesman said.
Medium danger avalanche warning has been issued for Banihal, Khilanmarg, Sonamarg, Zojila, Furkiyan, Drass and Kargil areas of the Valley and Ladakh region.
"People living in these snow-bound areas have been requested to exercise extreme caution, especially in areas where high danger avalanche warning has been issued," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?