Avalanche warning issued in Kashmir
Srinagar: A `high danger` avalanche warning was on Tuesday issued in several areas near the Line of Control in the Kashmir Valley.
High danger avalanche warning has been issued by SASE through State Disaster Management Authority for higher reaches of Chowkibal, Nawgam, Tangdhar, Machil and Gurez, an official spokesman said.
Medium danger avalanche warning has been issued for Banihal, Khilanmarg, Sonamarg, Zojila, Furkiyan, Drass and Kargil areas of the Valley and Ladakh region.
"People living in these snow-bound areas have been requested to exercise extreme caution, especially in areas where high danger avalanche warning has been issued," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere