BJP workers protest against Omar Abdullah over his comments on the party
Jammu: Bharatiya Janata party (BJP)workers staged a protest here today against Jammu and Kashmir Chief Omar Abdullah for describing them as sycophants and saying that they only protest for television cameras.
The protesters, however, criticized Abdullah for his inability to solve the problem of power and water supply in the state and instead blaming BJP government.
"We are demanding the improvement of power and water situation in the city. There is no proper supply of electricity and water and the corruption is at its peak. Instead of providing power and water to the people of Jammu and Kashmir, Omar Abdullah government is abusing BJP leaders in the state," said Ravinder Raina, a protester.
"The people of Jammu and Kashmir will never forgive him. Abdullah will have to give answer to the questions of the people. Omar is frustrated from his defeat in the elections that is why he is trying to divert people`s concentration from his defeat," he added.
A war of words had broken out between Abdullah and BJP MLAs over power issue on Monday at a function organized by Power Development Department. The MLAs had accused him for stealing the sate share of electricity, and raised slogans against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?