Bodies of two drowned minors retrieved from Jhelum
Srinagar: The bodies of two minor boys, who drowned while bathing in river Jhelum in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district, have been recovered, police said Sunday.
The bodies Sameer Ahmad Sheikh and Dawood Ahmad Sheikh, both aged six, were fished out from the river near their residence at Sheer colony in Sopore, 55 kms from here, a police spokesman said.
The boys had drowned while bathing on Friday, he said, adding their bodies have been handed over to their relatives for last rites.
Meanwhile, police also recovered the body of Ghulam Qadir Deedad, who was missing since May 16.
The body of Deedad, a labourer by profession, was recovered by the police from a stream in Baba Reshi area of Baramulla district, the spokesman said.
He was missing since May 16 and a report in this regard had been lodged at Chandoosa police station, he said.
The spokesman said an identity card was found with the body which helped in identifying him, adding the body has been handed over to the family for last rites after conducting all legal formalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog