Brick kilns in Budgam to be closed within a week
Srinagar: Authorities in central Kashmir`s Budgam district have ordered closure of all illegal and unlicensed brick kilns in the district within a week.
The District Development Commissioner, Budgam, Khurshid Ahmad Shah has asked all illegal and unlicensed brick kilns to close down their units within seven days, an official spokesman said.
If the brick kiln owners fail to shut their units down, a District-Level Task Force will demolish such kilns and the cost of demolition will be borne by the defaulters, he said.
Illegal and unlicensed brick kilns violate the provisions of Jammu and Kashmir Brick Kiln Regulation, 2010, and are posing a serious environmental hazard, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch