Brick kilns in Budgam to be closed within a week
Srinagar: Authorities in central Kashmir`s Budgam district have ordered closure of all illegal and unlicensed brick kilns in the district within a week.
The District Development Commissioner, Budgam, Khurshid Ahmad Shah has asked all illegal and unlicensed brick kilns to close down their units within seven days, an official spokesman said.
If the brick kiln owners fail to shut their units down, a District-Level Task Force will demolish such kilns and the cost of demolition will be borne by the defaulters, he said.
Illegal and unlicensed brick kilns violate the provisions of Jammu and Kashmir Brick Kiln Regulation, 2010, and are posing a serious environmental hazard, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Pranab Mukherjee has been guardian, mentor to me: PM Modi
- Ridiculously funny video: Man shows his dance moves in middle of busy Mumbai street - Watch
- From Sept 1, rail passengers to get Rs 10 lakh insurace cover for premium of just Re 1
- Yahoo-Verizon deal: I plan to stay on with the company, says CEO Marissa Mayer
- Harsimrat's charge of my misbehaviour with her 'wild': Ramesh