Brick kilns in Budgam to be closed within a week
Srinagar: Authorities in central Kashmir`s Budgam district have ordered closure of all illegal and unlicensed brick kilns in the district within a week.
The District Development Commissioner, Budgam, Khurshid Ahmad Shah has asked all illegal and unlicensed brick kilns to close down their units within seven days, an official spokesman said.
If the brick kiln owners fail to shut their units down, a District-Level Task Force will demolish such kilns and the cost of demolition will be borne by the defaulters, he said.
Illegal and unlicensed brick kilns violate the provisions of Jammu and Kashmir Brick Kiln Regulation, 2010, and are posing a serious environmental hazard, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka