Brick kilns in Budgam to be closed within a week
Srinagar: Authorities in central Kashmir`s Budgam district have ordered closure of all illegal and unlicensed brick kilns in the district within a week.
The District Development Commissioner, Budgam, Khurshid Ahmad Shah has asked all illegal and unlicensed brick kilns to close down their units within seven days, an official spokesman said.
If the brick kiln owners fail to shut their units down, a District-Level Task Force will demolish such kilns and the cost of demolition will be borne by the defaulters, he said.
Illegal and unlicensed brick kilns violate the provisions of Jammu and Kashmir Brick Kiln Regulation, 2010, and are posing a serious environmental hazard, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai