Brick kilns in Budgam to be closed within a week
Srinagar: Authorities in central Kashmir`s Budgam district have ordered closure of all illegal and unlicensed brick kilns in the district within a week.
The District Development Commissioner, Budgam, Khurshid Ahmad Shah has asked all illegal and unlicensed brick kilns to close down their units within seven days, an official spokesman said.
If the brick kiln owners fail to shut their units down, a District-Level Task Force will demolish such kilns and the cost of demolition will be borne by the defaulters, he said.
Illegal and unlicensed brick kilns violate the provisions of Jammu and Kashmir Brick Kiln Regulation, 2010, and are posing a serious environmental hazard, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir