`Chhari Mubarak` to leave for Pahalgam on July 12
Srinagar: `Chhari Mubarak`, the holy mace of Lord Shiva, will be carried to the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas on July 12 through the traditional Pahalgam route.
"Chhari Mubarak will leave for Pahalgam from Dashnami Akhara, Srinagar on July 12. As per the age-old tradition, rituals namely `Bhoomi Pujan`, `Navgrah Pujan` and `Dhawajarohan` (flag hoisting) connected with the commencement of annual Chhari Mubarak Swami Amarnathji Yatra shall be performed at Pahalgam on auspicious occasion of `Ashad-Purnima` (Vyas-Purnima)," Mahant Deependra Giri, custodian of the holy mace, said in a statement here today.
Giri said after performing the rituals, Chhari Mubarak would return to Dashnami Akhara the same day.
Rituals will also be performed at the historic Martand Temple in Mattan area of Anantnag district on the way from Pahalgam to Srinagar, he said.
After performing the Chhari Pujan at Dashnami Akhara on `Nag-Panchami` on August 1, Giri will carry the mace to Amarnath shrine on `Shravan-Purnima`, on August 10.
"The Chhari Mubarak will begin its journey from Srinagar to the holy shrine on August 6, with night halts at Pahalgam, Chandanwari, Sheshnag and Panchtarani," Giri said.
He said it would proceed for the holy cave for Pujan from Panchtarani at 5 AM on August 10, `Shravan-Purnima` to have the `Darshan` and traditional rituals would be performed and prayers shall be offered the whole day at the holy cave.
"On August 12, after the `puja` and `visarjan` ceremonies at the bank of river Lidder in Pahalgam, `Chhari Mubarak` will return to Srinagar. And with these last rituals, the annual Amarnath Yatra will culminate", Giri said.
Mahadev Gir Dashnami Akhara Trust, Srinagar has made all the arrangements, at Akhara Building here, for the sadhus coming from across the country for the pilgrimage, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?
- After Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Laurent Blanc too leaves Paris Saint-Germain: Report
- Global warnings on Brexit consequences
- Reasons you should be eating more broccoli!
- Brexit shock: Pound tumbles 11%, lowest level in over three decades