Cold wave continues to grip Kashmir
Srinagar: Cold wave continues to tighten its grip on the Kashmir Valley as the mercury fell considerably, recording the season`s lowest temperature so far in Leh.
Leh area of Ladakh division was the coldest place in the state with a minimum temperature of minus 8 degrees Celsius, recorded as the season`s lowest so far, a MeT department official said today.
The mercury plunged nearly four degrees in Kargil town last night to settle at minus 6 degrees Celsius, the official said.
Pahalgam also witnessed a drop of 0.5 degrees as the south Kashmir tourist resort recorded a low of minus 3 degrees Celsius, he said.
State`s summer capital, Srinagar, registered a drop in night temperatures with the minimum of 1.2 degrees Celsius, compared to yesterday`s 1.7 degrees Celsius.
The night temperature in Gulmarg was up by a degree to settle at minus 1 degree Celsius, the MeT official said, adding snowfall is predicted for the famous ski-resort in the mid-week.
The official said other places in the valley like Qazigund and Kupwara also recorded a minimum temperature close to the freezing point.
The weather office has forecast that a fresh western disturbance would likely affect the state from tomorrow and said the weather would remain dry and pleasant till then.
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017