Cold wave continues to grip Kashmir
Srinagar: Cold wave continues to tighten its grip on the Kashmir Valley as the mercury fell considerably, recording the season`s lowest temperature so far in Leh.
Leh area of Ladakh division was the coldest place in the state with a minimum temperature of minus 8 degrees Celsius, recorded as the season`s lowest so far, a MeT department official said today.
The mercury plunged nearly four degrees in Kargil town last night to settle at minus 6 degrees Celsius, the official said.
Pahalgam also witnessed a drop of 0.5 degrees as the south Kashmir tourist resort recorded a low of minus 3 degrees Celsius, he said.
State`s summer capital, Srinagar, registered a drop in night temperatures with the minimum of 1.2 degrees Celsius, compared to yesterday`s 1.7 degrees Celsius.
The night temperature in Gulmarg was up by a degree to settle at minus 1 degree Celsius, the MeT official said, adding snowfall is predicted for the famous ski-resort in the mid-week.
The official said other places in the valley like Qazigund and Kupwara also recorded a minimum temperature close to the freezing point.
The weather office has forecast that a fresh western disturbance would likely affect the state from tomorrow and said the weather would remain dry and pleasant till then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report